terms and conditions
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Changes to the terms and conditions
These terms and conditions may be changed by us from time to time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the updated terms and conditions on the StarAsiaConnect web site (www.starasiaconnect.com). You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Continuing to use the site represents your agreement to be bound by the most current terms and conditions including any amendments.
These terms and conditions (as well as amendments from time to time) shall together with any other document specifically referred to herein form the entire agreement between us.
We recommend that you keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your own reference.
- StarAsiaConnect operates a website which provides a service enabling ‘Hirers’ such as hotels, restaurants, resorts, cruise shipping companies, television production companies, advertising agencies, theatres, event promotion companies and other businesses and professionals operating in the entertainment industry to seek out talent registered on our site, to match their particular needs at any time.
- In most cases ‘Hirers’ will search our data base of talent to fill a role they wish to fill and will may make direct contact with the talent of their choice offering information relevant to such roles.
- In certain sections of our website we also allow these ‘Hirers’ to advertise a particular role or casting in an effort to more easily fill such roles rather than requiring them to search our data base of talent in an effort to do so.
- Advertisements such as these (located on the ‘Notice Board’page may be linked to a microsite created and hosted by StarAsiaConnect to also accept applications. Such microsites will be offered at StarAsiaConnect's discretion.
- ‘Hirers’ may choose to place advertisements and, applicants such as models, actors, dancers, photographers, makeup artists, musicians, singers, songwriters, MC’s etc. seeking casting calls within the entertainment industry may choose to apply in response to such advertisements, at which point StarAsiaConnect will forward the applicant's details to the advertiser or display further application instructions.
- ‘Talents’ who choose to register for membership of StarAsiaConnect make their personal information and photographs, audios and/or video clips public, may contact and receive contact from other members of StarAsiaConnect as well as from ‘Hirers’.
- By making your profile public, you acknowledge that any internet user visiting StarAsiaConnect may view your profile, including photos and showreels etc.
- Making your profile public will also make your profile accessible from search engines such as Google.
- StarAsiaConnect is not responsible for the content of any advertisement appearing on our site, and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the advertisements. Members should always use their own judgement in deciding whether or not to apply for any of the roles advertised on our site. Our service is provided as a platform where listings for casting and auditions with third party ‘Hirers’ may be published and easily found thereby making it easier for ‘Talent’ to find employment in their field and for ‘Hirers’ to more easily fill roles they have available. We shall not be held liable under any circumstances for the actions of the advertiser of any role featured on our site.
- StarAsiaConnect is not responsible for the content, and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of Members’ personal information. ‘Hirers’ should always use their own judgement in deciding whether to contact, cast or audition members. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for the actions of any Member.
- Submitting a casting call for placement on StarAsiaConnect is taken as consent to the use of your name, website, email, logo and casting call in marketing and promotional activities conducted by PT StarAsiaConnect (registered in Bali, Indonesia under company license No: 0316/22-09/PK/III/2016).
- StarAsiaConnect services as described above are limited to providing ‘Hirers’ with information about applicants seeking work in the entertainment business and to providing information about ‘Hirers’ to such applicants. This service is the only work finding service provided by StarAsiaConnect and StarAsiaConnect is not connected to the ‘Hirers’ or applicants in any way other than detailed in these terms and conditions.
Paid and unpaid work
- All ‘Hirers’ whether searching or advertising for paid or unpaid work, guarantee that your posting and the job or audition advertised are not in breach of any relevant law from time to time in force including, but not limited to, the laws relating to minimum wage in the country where the employment will take place or to employment rights and equality/diversity. You agree that it is your responsibility to meet all legal obligations towards those to whom your posting is aimed.
- StarAsiaConnect reserves the right in its absolute discretion not to allow your advertisement to be posted on StarAsiaConnect or to remove your advertisement from our site if, in its reasonable opinion, the advertisement is in breach of minimum wage legislation or any other legislation, including relating to employment rights and equality/diversity.
StarAsiaConnect may from time to time and with varying partners run competitions such as ‘giveaways’ and were StarAsiaConnect is specifically named as an official partner or owner of any competition or promotion, the terms may be varied or supplemented by terms specific to the particular competition or promotion. Any specific terms will be brought to applicant’s attention when appropriate and prior to submitting an entry.
- TERMINATION OF A COMPETITION StarAsiaConnect may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. StarAsiaConnect will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated.
- PRIZES The named advertiser with whom StarAsiaConnect has partnered to run a competition is solely responsible for provision and delivery of any prizes stated. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, StarAsiaConnect makes no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to applicants in relation to any prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our Competitions or prize-winners from receiving their prizes in the case that any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
- All prizes must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all liability and responsibility of StarAsiaConnect to you or any other person under or in connection with these terms and conditions, or in connection with the services, this web site, another member's acts or omissions, or your use of or inability to use, the services or this web site is excluded regardless of whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. StarAsiaConnect's liability and responsibility is excluded in respect of any and all loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of business or anticipated savings, general and special damages, and consequential and incidental loss.
You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified StarAsiaConnect from all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses) losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your use of our services.
Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to StarAsiaConnect, we may limit your activities whether as ‘Talent’ or ‘Hirer’ on our web site, remove your advertisements, remove your profile and files, issue a warning to you, suspend or terminate your membership, or refuse to provide our services to you if you breach these terms and conditions or any of our other policies, where StarAsiaConnect considers it otherwise appropriate.
You may not use our services if:
- You have ever been convicted of a violent or sexually related criminal offence.
- You have previously been banned from using our services or are associated with someone who is banned from using our services.
- You are directly or indirectly involved in the operation of a company that competes with our services.
StarAsiaConnect reserves the right to refuse or cancel any membership without explanation.
Responsibility for minors
This site is intended for persons aged 18 or over and StarAsiaConnect may refuse to register any person under the age of 18. The exception is if a School of Music or School of Dance or similar chooses to register their students and in the case that they do so, it will be a group registration for which the Principal of the School will be fully responsible for minors and students under the age of 18 years. You acknowledge that some parts of the StarAsiaConnect site may contain material that is inappropriate for minors. At StarAsiaConnect’s discretion, we may agree to permit an adult ‘legal guardian’ for a minor register him or her as ‘Talent’ however, we will require a specific written request before making the decision to permit or otherwise such registration.
If you register on behalf of a minor, you must still comply, and must ensure the minor complies, with these terms. Any breach of these terms by the minor is deemed to be a breach by you. You must ensure that any access by the minor to StarAsiaConnect or to communications made via StarAsiaConnect is fully supervised by you. You or a minor registered by you are not permitted to upload images of an adult or inappropriate nature. From time to time, StarAsiaConnect may advise you of other policies or conditions that apply to the profiles of minors. You must comply with those policies or conditions.
Talent Membership/Subscriptions; Charges on Your Billing Account
- StarAsiaConnect does not make any charge to a ‘Hirer’ in the event that they employ ‘Talent’ from our site and also does not charge a fee or take commission from any ‘Talent’ who has secured work from a ‘Hirer’ via our site.
- General The fees payable by ‘Talent’ in respect of our services shall be those fees as set out on the website from time to time. We reserve the right to vary the fees in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- StarAsiaConnect bills you through an online account (your "Billing Account") for use of our Service. StarAsiaConnect does this through one of its billing agents. You agree to pay StarAsiaConnect (through its Billing Agents) all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of our service by you or other persons (including your agents) using your Billing Account, and you authorise StarAsiaConnect to charge your chosen payment provider (your "Payment Method") for our Service. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. StarAsiaConnect and its Billing Agents reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
- Recurring Billing. Most membership plans to our Service consist of an initial period, for which there is a one time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that your membership has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation.
- By entering into this agreement you also accept that your Payment Method information shall be stored by StarAsiaConnect so that you can continue to receive our Service. StarAsiaConnect (through its Billing Agents) may submit periodic charges (e.g. monthly) without further authorisation from you, until you provide prior notice (confirmed in writing upon request by StarAsiaConnect) that you have terminated this authorisation or wish to change your Payment Method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before StarAsiaConnect reasonably could act to terminate your authorisation or change your Payment Method email payments@StarAsiaConnect.com
- Current Information Required. You must provide current, complete and accurate information for your Billing Account. You must promptly update all information to keep your Billing Account current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date), and you must promptly notify StarAsiaConnect if your Payment Method is cancelled (e.g. for loss or theft) or if you become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorised disclosure or use of your user name or password. Changes to such information can be made by emailing
payments@StarAsiaConnect.com. If you fail to provide StarAsiaConnect with any of the foregoing information, you agree that StarAsiaConnect (through its Billing Agents) may continue charging you for any use of the service under your Billing Account unless you have terminated your membership of our service (confirmed by you in writing upon request by StarAsiaConnect).
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your choice of Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method (the "Payment Method Provider"). You authorise your Payment Method Provider to pay all charges owed by you to StarAsiaConnect through its Billing Agents. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card or it is lost or stolen, you must notify the Payment Method Provider in accordance with its reporting rules. Where StarAsiaConnect (or its Billing Agents) are obliged as a merchant to refund monies, we agree to refund any such monies, to enable us to meet our merchant obligations. If StarAsiaConnect (or its Billing Agents) does not receive payment from your Payment Method Provider, or has to refund payment pursuant to its merchant obligations, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand to the Billing Agents.
- Change in Amount Authorised. You agree that StarAsiaConnect or its Billing Agents may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- Auto-renewal. Your StarAsiaConnect membership will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same (or, at our discretion, shorter) duration as the membership term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional membership rate. To change or resign your membership at any time, email
membership@StarAsiaConnect.com?. If you choose to cancel your membership, you may use our Service until the end of the membership payment period valid at that time; your membership will not be renewed after that membership period but you will continue to have full access until that time. At no time does cancellation of membership provide for a pro-rated refund of any portion of the membership fee paid for the current membership period.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of the Service reaffirms that StarAsiaConnect (through its Billing Agents) is authorized to charge your Payment Method. StarAsiaConnect (through its Billing Agents) may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive StarAsiaConnect's right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Service.
- Billing Agent. The administration of payments and collection of those payments is conducted by Billing Agents on behalf of StarAsiaConnect. You accept that the Billing Agents collect the charges payable by you. The services provided by the Billing Agents (to StarAsiaConnect) are administrative and does not affect the contractual relationship between you and StarAsiaConnect.
We reserve the right to increase fees or introduce new prices or charges at any time.
You have the right to cancel your Full Membership with StarAsiaConnect and claim a refund within 30 days of your first subscription payment. Please note that any audition, casting or job that you have applied for will be automatically cancelled.
You also have the right to cancel your Full Membership with StarAsiaConnect and claim a refund within 7 days of your second (first re-occurring) subscription payment to the Billing Agents, provided you have not used any of the following features of the site within those 7 days of your second subscription payment:
- Applied for any roles listed on StarAsiaConnect and/or,
- Received messages from StarAsiaConnect members or made any contact with StarAsiaConnect members via the StarAsiaConnect messaging system.
The StarAsiaConnect website and any associated microsites created and hosted by StarAsiaConnect, and all content on the website (including advertisements, data, text, graphics, photographs, logos, videos) and all intellectual property rights in those (including copyright) are owned by StarAsiaConnect (or our contributors and other licensors). You must not, and must not permit any other person to, copy, modify, adapt, create derivative works of, transmit, distribute, upload to any site, create a link to, exploit or deal with in any way, any part of the StarAsiaConnect website or its content.
You are not permitted to use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce the name, trade marks and logos of StarAsiaConnect for any reason without our express written permission.
You must access the StarAsiaConnect website via standard web browsers only and not by any other method (such as scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method) except with our express written permission.
Although we take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses or other destructive materials to our website, associated microsites created and hosted by StarAsiaConnect, or on-line service, we do not guarantee that the service or materials that may be available from our website do not contain such destructive features. We shall not be liable for any damages or liability attributable to such features. If you use any materials available through this website, you do so solely at your own risk.
Access to our site and associated microsites created and hosted by StarAsiaConnect may be interrupted, restricted or delayed from time to time. We will not be liable for damages or costs in these circumstances.
You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine/device on which you access StarAsiaConnect, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with any StarAsiaConnect service, will :
- Infringe the intellectual property, right to privacy, or other rights of any person or entity,
- Breach any applicable law, whether criminal or otherwise.
- Be objectionable, within the meaning of the Films, Videos and Publications Classifications Act 1993,
- Appear offensive, threatening, harassing, obscene, pornographic, fetish, false, unreliable or misleading.
- Be considered spam or unwanted advertising of products or services.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The StarAsiaConnect website is operated and controlled from Bali, Indonesia. These terms and conditions and any agreements with StarAsiaConnect arising from our website are governed by Indonesian Law. Any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions and any agreement arising from our website will be heard in Indonesia and resolved in accordance with Indonesian law.
Talent : StarAsiaConnect On-Line Restriction – Further Terms and Conditions
As part of our website you can register online and signup to apply for the various roles advertised. When you register to use the service, there are further terms and conditions that are set out below.
All information provided to us must be complete and accurate information. If your information changes you will be responsible for providing us with the updated information. We shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or consequences as a result of inaccurate or incomplete information we receive from you.
Password and Sign in Security
You are responsible for any use of our online service with your password and protecting your password from unauthorised use. You are also responsible for the security of any computer where you choose to remain signed in to StarAsiaConnect.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because StarAsiaConnect has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that StarAsiaConnect is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that StarAsiaConnect shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You agree that when you make your profile public or include your photographs, audio or video clips in the Talent Directory that StarAsiaConnect will publish your personal information and photos, and allow other members or ‘Hirers’ to contact you.
You also agree that you will not use the contact system to send junk mail, spam, offensive messages, or for any purposes other than those directly related to auditions or casting calls. StarAsiaConnect will be the sole judge of any breach of the conditions of use. Any breach of these conditions can result in your membership being terminated and a permanent ban from the site. No refund will be given if you have breached the conditions of use.
Sharing your content and information
Any information submitted by you through the site may be read and used by StarAsiaConnect and utilised for marketing purposes indefinitely. Your Material may appear in google and other search engines. StarAsiaConnect can reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display your information (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also warrant that any "moral rights" in your information have been waived.